COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions & Cloth Face Mask Policy
To promote the safety of our patients, employees and the community, we are temporarily suspending visits throughout our SSM Health care sites.
Visitors (18 years and older) may still be allowed in the following circumstances:
- Compassionate care exceptions may be made in end-of-life situations or when a visitor is essential for the patient's emotional well-being and care.
- Family Birthplace patients will be allowed one visitor, with permission of nursing leader.
- All outpatient areas are allowed two visitors throughout visit. No additional siblings, children or visitors will be permitted.
- All inpatient and emergency room patients are allowed two designated parents or guardians.
If a visitor meets the above criteria, they will be asked to complete a health screening before being approved to visit.
Effective immediately, visitors MUST wear a cloth face covering or mask at all times while they are at one of our facilities.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own cloth face coverings with them to an SSM Health facility. Learn how to make your own cloth face mask.
- If visitors do not have a mask, we will offer a cloth face covering to them as supplies allow.
- We will supply a mask on their first visit and ask that they launder and reuse it on future visits.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital is a not-for-profit, 195-bed inpatient and outpatient children’s hospital, located in St. Louis, MO. We care for children of all ages, from the St. Louis surrounding area, Illinois and across the country. With more than 200 specialists in more than 60 medical and surgical subspecialties, (including neonatology, cardiology, fetal surgery and cancer care), our physicians, surgeons and nurses are regarded as some of the leading pediatric experts in the country.
Through our doors, you’ll find state-of-the-art clinical facilities like our Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU. Plus, discover family-friendly amenities like our Tranquility Healing Garden, Rally Squirrel Playground and the Ronald McDonald Room.